Friday 23 April 2010

The Dating Game

So, Monday, and Simone & Bridget took the Coach down to Milton Keynes to meet Eddie & I, and we drove down to Bath.

After a lovely day exploring the old Roman Baths, having a picnic lunch by the river, and wandering through the old town, we drove the girls back to London and had dinner together before Eddie & I headed back home.

I really wanted to see Simone again, and so I finally plucked up the courage to ask her on a date...I can't remember how I asked her, but to my delight she said yes! So, not being the most experienced at dates, I set about planning our first date to try and make it memorable.

The big day rolled around - Sunday 7th September. And it wasn't just a traditional dinner & a movie...we made an afternoon of it. I picked Simone up at her apartment building in King's Cross around 3, and we headed into the city for a ride on the London Eye. Breathtaking views helped calm the nerves a little, and as we then wandered up Whitehall, through Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus, we started to feel more and more relaxed, less nervous, and the conversation flowed.

I wanted to take Simone somewhere different, and so I decided on a Lebanese restaurant near Victoria - beautiful place, wonderful food, and the perfect setting for a first date. And it was lovely, Simone & I just took our time, the conversation never stopped, and we just seemed to be getting on so, so well without needing to put any effort in at all.

Over the following few weeks, we went on several more dates...and I knew that Simone was a girl I REALLY liked, and wanted to see a lot more of. So, inviting her to my Sister's wedding and bringing her home to meet the parents seemed like good steps to take.

After several weeks of dating, I asked Simone to be my girlfriend. We made it official on September 20th, and I was so happy.

After a wonderful fall & winter together, which consisted of weekly trips back & forth between London & MK to see each other, Simone's UK visit was over. She flew back home to Georgia for Xmas, and although I was able to fly over and join her for the holidays, my trip was far too short...and so the long-distance relationship began.

No comments:

Post a Comment